Monday, March 01, 2021

Costco during Quarantine



 Taylor and I decided to brave Costco during the quarantine. Since we were in California when all of this really started I hadn't done a big Costco run before I left thinking I would do it when we got back, so we were out or low of a lot of things. One of the main things we were out of was toilet paper. And for some crazy reason, everyone felt they needed a lot of toilet paper so it was nowhere to be found. And we really were down to our last few rolls. So we did the next best thing, we hopped on Amazon and ordered a bidet for every toilet in the house. So the time had come to try to venture out. It was so surreal. We arrived a bit early....as did MANY others. They had a large line roped off that wrapped around the backside of Costco back and forth several times like we were at an amusement park. Everyone in line had facemasks on and many had gloves. It was nothing I thought I would see in my lifetime. When we got into Costco we were pleasantly surprised that there was toilet paper available and we got our allowed one package. The really amazing thing was that we were there towards the beginning and the toilet paper was filling the isles of the store. There was an employee there handing a package out to every person that came in basically. It has been a good experience and check to see where we are in our food supply. We do have a lot of food storage, but I have realized that there are some things that I haven't thought of having in our supply. I am grateful that we were able to make a Costco run :) 

No comments: