Wednesday, March 06, 2019

Running Buddies/Mother's Day

 My dear friend Heather and I have been working out at the gym together for awhile now. Heather was not a "runner" she had never even run a mile before. This is parts of what she wrote about the whole experience. I dropped the car off at Kneader's and ran to her house to pick her up and we ran back together. It is so fun to have a friend that you can help to motivate each other.

Happy Saturday everyone! Today I ran 5.5 miles for the first time in my life!!!!!! 
For the past few months I've been learning to run. I mean I can run around with the kids but, running distance is a whole new ballgame that I have never attempted. My whole life I've told myself "I'm not a runner" and "It's too boring", "I don't have the endurance for that", etc. However, as I've had to schedule my gym hours to 5am during the week, a friend started to join me who is a runner and amazing athlete. She asked me if I wanted to run with her and I thought, maybe I should just try it? So, I began running with her.
As we started on the treadmill, I would walk most of it and run a little, or run a bit and then stop, etc. She would be able to have a full conversation with me while running at full speed while I am huffing and puffing answering her questions! 🤣🤣 I looked at her in awe and thought, that could never be me! I'm not an athlete! I've never learned the ability to push myself past mental limits to go the distance, etc. I don't have that endurance! However, she kept encouraging me, pushing me to set greater goals little by little while praising me for my progress along the way.
Slowly by slowly, inch by inch, I pushed harder, ran longer, gained an endurance I've never imagined I could and conquered goals (when I ran my first mile I felt like I had conquered the world 🤣). After running my first 5K, this wonderful friend of mine told me I should run a marathon...a MARATHON people! I told her that was incomprehensible but, maybe I could do a half. So, I continued training;)
Today, for the first time ever, I ran 5.5 MILES with my friend from my house to Kneaders to enjoy their AMAZING free Mother's Day French toast with some dear friends. I literally ran with the goal of food 🤣🤣 and I did it! I ran the whole way there and felt great the whole time.
I share this because if you've ever had a physical goal that you wanted to accomplish but told yourself you couldn't, throw it into the trash! As a mother of five, a non-athlete, and using no special expensive drinks or supplements (just normal healthy foods mingled with unhealthy ones 🤣), I have conquered goals I never imagined I could with my body and I believe now that I can do more and I will do more;) Laura Nielsen Earl couldn't have done it without you.




These adorable kids made me a wonderful breakfast on Mother's Day. They bring me so much joy! I really could not imagine life without them. Each of them brings something unique to our family. I feel so very blessed to have these sweet spirits to raise here on earth. I hope that I can teach them all they need to know. 
The primary children sang the song "More than Enough" today. As soon as I heard it I knew that I wanted them to sing this. I cry every time I hear it! I have heard from friends before that Mother's Day brings them feelings of guilt that they are not enough. This song addresses that very thing in such a sweet way. Here are the lyrics to that song. 
Maybe I'll never know the love it takes
To make me a happy home that's warm and safe.
And maybe I'll never see how you pray for my every need
And wonder what more you could do for me.
But when you walk by my side,
Read me stories at night,
And teach me to trust in God's love,
You give me a hug, maybe two,
And you say, "I love you"
Then I think you're doing enough.
Maybe you wonder if you're teaching me
Every good thing that I can someday be,
But all that I know of faith,
And of kindness and love and strength
I've by just watching you every day.
So when you stay by my side,
Hear me stories at night,
And teach me to trust in God's love,
You give me a hug, maybe two,
And you say, "I love you"
Then I think you're doing enough.
Someday I'll have a home, a family,
And I'll love them just as much as you love me.
Then maybe you'll finally see
You have given enough for me;
A gift that will last through eternity.
So when you stay by my side,
Hear my stories at night,
And teach me to trust in God's love,
You give me a hug, maybe two,
And you say, "I love you"
Then I think you're more than enough.
And I'm blessed every step by your love.

No comments: