Saturday, June 02, 2012

Project Progress

 Well I have been slowly working in little projects...and there are still things I need to do to complete some of them, but I thought I would post my progress ;)

I decided to do the kids bathroom with penguins. You know living in AZ having an arttic theme really does trick your mind to thinking that it is cooler. Thanks to Mom bringing her projector I was able to make some templates so I could paint theses on the wall. I should re-take these at night so you can see them better...but theses will have to do for now.  I still need to finish the Mama and baby penguin (not pictured...soon).




 This is the kids play kitchen. We just re-painted this wooden kitchen that my Grandpa made years ago. We felt that it needed more counter space so we cut the legs and cut in half our old kitchen table. I love little cafe curtains so had to make one of those...
 Here is a close up of the "water" we took this idea from a childrens museum. The kids love it and just a few bucks to make.
 I sill need to get little flowers to put in the little green pots on the shelf. And I need to think of a good way to organize all of the play food....any ideas???
 Here is the family tree with the frames on it. Some are filled...still need to get a few more pictures to complete it. I am in love with how this turned out!

It has been awhile but I don't think I ever took a picture of these.... My amazing mother has once again made window coverings. This time for the windows in the loft. HUGE thanks to our friends the McLlend's for supplying the fabric. ;)
 Some more of the fabric we got that coordinates with the mater bedroom we decided to make a curtain to separate the master bedroom and bathroom. That way if the kiddos come in we can draw the curtain to have a little privacy :)It has actually been working really well!

 We had some sheer fabric and thought it would be fun to make some curtains for the girls beds. They love it. Their little castle. I love it when I find them with their curtains closed snuggled on their bed looking at books!

This is the wall leading to the loft. This is where each of their '5 year' old pictures will be...but until they reach 5 I thought why not have a current pic up since they are only a couple dollars from Costco. I need to fix Eden's pic (I cropped it a little too much)...and I need to find a frame for Russell.

So just about every project has a little more to make it complete...but I can see the finish line ;)

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Amazing Laura! So inspiring!

Nathan and Gemma said...

Such fun projects!!! Love the penguins!!!

Ryan and Emily said...

That is the most adorable kitchen EVER! You are such a fun mom!

Uila said...

Did you find holders for the kitchen food? They have all kinds of containers and baskets at the dollar tree. try there...i love organizing. the dollar store is where it's at!!:) love your progress! you're awesome!

Karly said...

So wonderful LAURA!!!!! I am so proud of you. what a great hobby!!!!