Saturday, June 02, 2012

Big Bender Slider Turtle

Gordon was playing in the backyard the other day and then ran inside and said, "Mom I found a turtle!" At first I thought he was joking...but then he said, "Mom I am serious...come see". And sure enough there was a little turtle. We looked online and found out it was a Big Bender Slider turtle. (They are a water turtle). We asked the kids for some suggestions on names and Ella quickly came up with Cactus. We had thought maybe we could keep her...but after doing some reading online so we would know what kind of habitat she would need we decided the best thing for her was to let her go. So yesterday morning the kids and I set her free again. It was fun to have her for a day.



2 comments:

Shenna said...

Lots of happenings recently! :) The penguins look amazing! You're such a talented decorator. It seems like your kids look even bigger since a few weeks ago...time flies way too fast!

Nicole said...

I love the turtle, where did you guys release him?