All of our kiddos have come into this world by c-section. Gordon was breech=c-section, Ella was breech= c-section, Eden was our third and in CA that = c-section (having previously had two c-sections)..so Russell was a scheduled repeat c-section for Friday morning April 6th.Every night before we go in for our scheduled c-sections Taylor and I go out on a date. Before Gordon was born we went out for dinner and dessert, before Ella was born we went to Disneyland, before Eden was born we went to dinner. And so to hold to the tradition Taylor and I had tickets to go to the movies to see the Hunger Games. We had waited to see it. And we even went to this very nice theater called an i-Pic theater. The seats are large recliners and you order dinner from a nice restaurant and eat it while you watch the show. A very nice very posh experience. We were both so excited to 1) see the movie and 2) have this very high end movie going experience.
We got there a little later than we expected and were waiting for our food to be ready before we entered the theater. We got it and were making our way into the theater and that is when I got a big surprise!
I looked over at Taylor and said, "I am pretty sure that my water just broke!" This had never happened to me before so I wasn't 100% confident. I went to the bathroom and called my Mom. And she said I should probably call the hospital. So I did and they said I needed to come in right away. I went back to tell Taylor "this is it!". So we got our expensive Salmon boxed to go. The guy helping us was so nice and let us keep the fork and napkin (I am thinking that I will embroider Russells name and stats on it to have in his baby box/book). We went back up to the front desk to ask for a refund. Taylor said, "My wife's water just broke so we are going to be leaving. Can we get our money back?" Both of the girls then were very frantic. The manager came over and assured us he would take care of it for us (which he did). And then we off.
Taylor ran to get the car and I was waiting for him on the curb while I was on the phone with my Mom trying to figure out how to get to the hospital from where we were. I was worried that we were quite far, but it turned out that we were just as far away as we would have been leaving from our house, so that was a nice surprise.
I hop in the car and start to have contractions about every five min. We got the the hospital and Taylor dropped me off at the door and I went up and was getting paper work filled out. Taylor wasn't sure if it would be a very rushed thing now so he was trying to go as quickly as possible. He grabbed the Salmon in his hand and was shoving it in his face as he was running from the car into the hospital.
They hooked me up to the monitors and got me ready to go. My Dr. actually happened to be there because he had just done another c-section. He heard I was there so he hung around so he could the surgery. I was so glad he was there!
Dr. Erickson got things moving along very quickly. The prep-ing usually takes around 2 hours...but this time I was walking into the O.R. within 35 min. It was happening so quickly (which actually was really nice...not enough time for me to worry about much...and another side note: it was good that we were running a little late to the movie because I didn't have a chance to eat anything which made having the c-section easier--you are not to eat for 8-10 hours before hand so the last time I ate was lunch around noon).
My anesthesiologist and Dr. were great. I felt the best during the actual surgery than I have out of any of them. It was a wonderful surprise. I usual feel very nauseous and have a hard time breathing, but none of that this time. The only bummer we had was that we were very ill prepared. We did not have our bag with us for the hospital, both of our phones were just about dead and we did not have our chargers, we did not have the cameras...we did get the one picture (shown above) on Taylor's phone before it died. :)
Russell was born at 9:26PM weighing in at 8 lbs 6 oz. and 21 inches long. He is our biggest baby so far. He is adorable! And we love him so much. So far he is a wonderful sleeper and is eating well. I am recovering well and am hoping to leave here today (I don't think I can do more than two nights in the hospital...I need my own bed!) We will see what the Dr. says. :)
The kids came to see us yesterday and again another tradition we have is the new baby brings each of the kids a gift. So this time Russell brought with him a "little brother" baby doll for each of the girls and he gave Gordon a light saber...well actually two. One for Gordon and one that is Russell's but he "told" Gordon to take care of it for him until he is big enough to play with him. All of the kids were so sweet with him. They are all going to be such wonderful helpers.
We feel so blessed! So glad that everything went to smoothly. A family of six! We love it!! Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes and to those who are helping out we love you all!
3 comments:
you. have. four. kids. :) Wow! Congrats!!! I'm so happy to hear everything went well with the delivery! Good luck with the recovery. You can do it!! :) Love ya!!
What a cool experience! I'm glad that you still had the presence of mind to get refund at the movie. ;) congratulations!
Microsoft Outlook 2010 download can help you get the information you need and block the information you don't need to stay productive. Learn more about preventing junk e-mail messages with download Outlook 2010 .
Post a Comment