Monday, March 12, 2012

S-I-X

{HAPPY SIXTH BIRTHDAY GORDON}

It is party time again! Gordon turned 6 this past weekend and he wanted to have a sports themed party. We had a great time! It was a busy party with around 30 kiddos (good thing it was at the park!) Thanks to everyone who came and had a wonderful afternoon with us.

We had lemonade, licorice, cupcakes, peanuts, cuties, Popsicle....
I made the cuties look like basketballs, so easy and they turned out so cute!

Here is a close up of the cake. I had seen these mini bunting signs and feel in love. So adorable...so of course I had to make some.


Each child had a score card they wore around their neck and as they completed each station they would get their score and go to the next station. The station pictures above was the frisbee station. They got a few trys to see how far they could through it. (Thanks to Todd for helping at that station)At the soccer station they were timed to see how quickly they could get the ball through the cones and into the goal. (thanks to Tim for helping at that station)
L.J. was over at the baseball station. He came in his full baseball jersey and the kids loved it! He pitched to everyone and let them run the bases. Just about every kid I talked to said that was their favorite station. (thanks L.J.!)


We had a "baseball" throw station. They kids had to see how many bean bags they could get through an inner-tube. (thanks to Julie for helping at this station too). There was also a track and field station. We had them race for a speed time as well as doing the long jump. (thanks to McKay for manning that station)

We ending with a big game of volleyball. Three beach balls going at once. It looked like all the kids had a great time. Everyone left with a party bag and cheese popcorn. Happy Birthday Gordon!! :)

5 comments:

kris nielsen said...

So happy Gordon had such a nice birthday. A great day for a great boy. His Mom and Dad are amazing!!

Emily Hodges Photography said...

So fun!! I love the cuties basketballs!! I've done two basketball parties for Ethan (by his request) and wish I would have thought of that!! Looks like everyone had a blast. And I can't believe he is 6!!!

Nathan and Gemma said...

HAPpY BiRtHDaY GorDOn!!!!! Wow 6!!
The party looked awesome! The oranges are a brilliant idea!!! I love them!

Alison said...

Love it! The cake looks great! And all the decorations looks awesome. What a great idea. Sometimes I wish adults still did birthday parties with games. Guess I'll just have to wait til Addi grows up a bit.

Nicole said...

I mean who is that cute guy in the tight baseball pants? Haha!