Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Flowers and bows

Again my friends are so talented! They have taught me a new skill that I have really enjoyed lately. Making flower and bow accessories. I use them in the girls and my hair and they can even be used to spruce up a plain blouse or cardigan.
These are made out of wire edged ribbon. SUPER easy! Throw a button in the center and you are done :)
These are made out of felt. I just base stitched the edge to pull the fabric into little bunches and there you go.
The one on the left is made out of faux velvet ribbon and the one on the right is out of satin ribbon. You cut out little circles and burn the edges. I still need to put a few beads in the center to finish these off.
And these are perfect for Eden's little piggy-tales. I think I am addicted :)

1 comment:

Doug and Lisa said...

Love these bows! Also, I love all your "decoration" posts. You are so talented....if only you lived closer (I totally need help :)). BTW: I got your comment. Life is crazy...I know, don't worry about it :).
p.s. do you ever come to Utah? If you do and you have time we'd love to have you guys over for dinner.