
I asked Gordon what kind of party he wanted and to my surprise he said he wanted a Dinosaur party. But we ran with it and had a great time :) I found this idea on Etsy for these Dinosaur capes and thanks to one of my friends who had loads of extra fabric I was able to whip these out for virtually nothing. And the kids loved them!


The cake was pretty simple with year. I made a 9x13 pan cake and dug out a hole and poured in jello to make a lake. Graham cracker crumbs for dirt, waffle cones for volcanoes, add a few plastic dinosaurs and a palm tree and DONE :)

A closer look :)

Earlier in the week Gordon helped me make a paper mache pinata that we made into a Dinosaur egg. After everyone had their turn Gordon was able to break it.

Despite the heat of the day, the kids had a great time. We pushed the table right up against the fence to get as much shade as possible.

Taylor took all the kids on a dinosaur egg hunt (lucky for me Easter is right around the corner so supplies were easy to find). At the end of the hunt is where they found their dinosaur capes. Taylor did a great job, like always! For sure the highlight of the afternoon.



At the end of the party Taylor and I pulled out the gift we got Gordon....a bike. He loves it! We are going to go out right now and ride it some more :) Love you Gordon. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
3 comments:
What a fun birthday party!!!! We were just there, but Gordon looks older now. Maybe it's the bike.
thats great, of cause, every kid should have a dinosarieparty, how loverly!!!! What a great cake you made :)
Cute party! I love that your cake was "simple" this year, did you happen to check out the cake I made!! Ha Ha
Post a Comment