For family....the pictures are all the same :) But I had to post about it too.
WE DID IT!!!
On March 6th 6 of us ran the Las Vegas Red Rock Marathon! (Sorry John we didn't get a picture with you!!)
My brother-in-law Jorgan, my sister Alison, her father-in-law Jake, me, Taylor and John Hulbert got up SUPER early to get to the starting line for a 6 o'clock start time. The course was apparently a difficult one, and I concur! Basically the whole way you are going either serious up hill or serious down hill. There were just over 160 runners (which is very small). I think that the five of us shown in the picture below were the ONLY ones that were first time marathoners.
To be totally honest I really thought it was going to be a check it off the list type goal to never do again. But I really had a blast. Right after the race was done Taylor and I were already talking about what is on the agenda next :) Just next time around hopefully I will not be nursing....wow was I tried!!!
Before the race eating our breakfast (at 4:20AM) before we headed out.
Here is my handsome hero! He did an amazing job. He inspires me in so many ways. Way to go Babe!
Alison and I ran together the whole time. Although there were many moments I am sure she could have left me in the dust I am glad she stayed with me. It was so great to have this memory with one of my best friends!! We belted out in song many times, screamed in pain a few times, and downed more goo packs that I thought was possible :) Alison, I am so glad you talked me into doing this....now I will have to talk you into doing another one with me again! (which I don't think will be too hard)
--ps-- Jorgan was so sweet and came back to run it in with us.
These two are adorable!!
Thanks to our kids for letting mom and dad run for hours in training. What a wonderful feeling to see these cute little faces as I came running around the corner after running 26.2 miles. There are not a whole lot of things that are better.
6 comments:
I can’t believe that you guys are holding your kids after running a marathon. I may run a marathon one day, but you can bet when it is done that I will be lying on the ground-unable to move. Definitely not holding any kids in my arms or on my shoulders.
What? You ran a marathon and you have a baby? Wow. Really? I am SO impressed. What an accomplishment. You are AMAZING. Nice work!
You are my hero. Did you do a half marathon or was it a whole?! I don't think I could make it a whole... You look great by the way. I really am impressed. Did I tell you that I might be running a half marathon in Uganda while I am there this summer? Along the Nile!! :)
I love and miss you!
You are my idol!!! I am just not brave enough to do something like that. I also not think my knees will let me anymore! I think I will stick to the elliptical!! GOOD JOB!!! You are AWESOME!
I am just remembering what the announcer said when we were there at the finish... "Six months ago you were having a child and today you ran a marathon!" I only hope I can keep up with you on our next adventure.
So amazing!!!
Post a Comment