Sunday, November 03, 2013

Camping in Style

 We were able to go camping this weekend. A co-worker of Taylor's was generous enough to let us borrow his pop-up trailer camper. It was wonderful! It will be hard to go back to tent camping after this! I think we might need to get one of these babies of our very own.
 The kids had a blast running around and experiencing nature and getting dirty.
 We took the kids on a little scavenger hunt and this is what they found.....
 #7 A Stick that is taller than Gordon
 #1 A Pine Cone
 #4 A rock with Moss on it.
 #3 An orange leaf
 #5 Campsite D9
 #6 was trash...it was actually really hard to find a piece of trash...but Ella did find this stray tomato someone had left behind.
 #2 A bug---can't see the bug in the picture but they all were looking at it.
 #8 A bear....real ones were hard to come by so we found this little cub and thought he would count ;)


While we were cleaning up we realized it would be really nice to have a broom...which we did not bring. So Taylor, being the wilderness man that he is, got needles gathered together and fastened them to a sick...and poof...a homemade(wilderness made) broom. It worked really well. Such a resourceful man I have!

Can't wait until our next camping adventure!!

1 comment:

kris nielsen said...

I read the list and thought - BEAR! Then I saw Gordon's picture, whew!! What a fun adventure!!!