Saturday, May 11, 2013

Scandinavia

 Gordon had a culture fair at school. Each child was assigned a country...Gordon was given Scandinavia which is actually 5 countries...he had a lot of fun learning all about Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland.

I am so proud of him. The night before he was to present he was very nervous. After a few motivating words, reading some scriptures and saying prayers he woke up with more courage. He did great!

He presented to his classmates in his classroom and then the following two days all the kids were in the gym and were able to do mini presentations to parents and other students. Gordon had some scandinavian cookies to give out as well....while I was there I overheard him while one little girl came to his booth. She said, "Can I have a cookie?" And Gordon's reply was, "You need to listen to my presentation first." :)

I overheard him in the car telling a friend about the experience. He talked about how he was very nervous in the beginning and how he decided to be brave and once he did it he felt so proud that he knew he could do it again in front of the parents.


Every time I walked by his booth he had someone he was presenting to. He knows his stuff about Scandinavia.

Taylor explained to him to be brave isn't not being afraid, it is being afraid and doing it anyway. And that is just what he did. :)

3 comments:

kris nielsen said...

Great job Gordon, and yes, people need to listen to the presentation first before they have a cookie!!

Nathan and Gemma said...

I'm so thrilled we got to see you in February because I can totally imagine Gordon saying that. What a sweetheart, he seems like he is a real thinker. You must be so proud of him.

KB said...

What wonderful advice about being brave! Thanks for sharing the wisdom :)