Friday, February 24, 2006

Feb 2006


Well, we're still here in San Francisco living with Laura's parents and having a great time. We looked for work for a couple of months and had a fair amount of job offers, but nothing that felt right. Finally we felt that it would be best if I focused my time and efforts for the time being on the LSAT so that I could try and get a high enough score to maybe earn a scholarship, here's hoping. This also gives me the flexibility to be there for Laura and baby Gordon, when he comes, without having to worry about being tired for work the next day or things like that. After the LSAT in June we're going to head to North Carolina and sell pest control with the company that McKay did it with last year. We're not expecting to make a small fortune during those 4 months, just hopefully enough to offset these 4 months that I won't be working full time. We'll see where life takes us after that. It will probably take us back to Earl, Curley and Lagarde and my lovely cubicle.

With only 3 week remaining till our baby's due date, you can imagine that we're pretty anxious about him coming out soon. For my part, I just want to have a baby that I can hold. For Laura's part, she's pretty nervous and hopes that it won't be too painful. She's tough though, she'll be fine. Hopefully we'll be able to send out a little video of him after he's born and home with us. That way everyone can make their judgments about whose eyes he has and whose mouth and so on.

We'd love to hear from you all, so send us a note when you can.

Taylor and Laura Earl




2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey, I just noticed that you had left a comment on my blog wondering if my name comes from Bunkerville. The answer to your question is yes. My 3rd great grandpa was Sylvester Henry Earl who came across the plains and settled in that area. He begat Joseph Ira Earl, who begat Ira Joseph Earl, who begat Don Lee Earl, who begat Stephen Moss Earl, who begat me, Matthew Earl. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist using the begats, a little scipture lingo. We have since left Nevada. My pops was born in Vegas, but grew up in Provo where my his dad was the head conductor for the BYU orchestra. My dad was a pilot in the Air Force which is how we ended up in California. I'm sure you weren't wanting a life story but I was on a roll. Again, yes I do come from Bunkerville, and still have many relatives still in the area. In fact, when I called my dad to ask abour Bunkerville, he was in Las Vegas visiting family. I hope that info was helpful. Let me know if those name coincide with your family history. Thanks, Matthew

Chase said...

Congrats Elder Earl! You're awesome! See you at the reunion hopefully!

Elder Chase Ellsworth